Each of us has difficult times. Sometimes they’re so difficult that we wish we stayed in bed all day. We’re not in the mood for walks, or getting together with friends…in fact, we are not in the mood for anything. We blame the weather, the lack of sun, our work, our obnoxious colleague or the next door neighbor who is hammering for several weeks now. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it?
But what do you do to recover your smile? Although, at that point, it may seem like there’s no solution to your bad mood, the power to recover is in your hands.
I’ve just got over an awful period. After several months of bad mood, I can now say I have a wildly sunny disposition even when the sky is gray and the rain is pouring outside.
Here are the five things that helped me smile in the past two weeks:
- I listened to an audiobook. Some time ago I received a book, The Secret Door to Success by Florence Scovel-Shinn, both print and audio versions. Last week, I started to listen to the audiobook. I must say, I was pretty impressed. I don’t usually listen to audiobooks because they make me sleepy. This was not the case. I loved the book. It was just what I needed, when I needed it, and I highly recommend it to you, too! It is a motivational one. It made me smile and helped me recover my optimism. (Buy the book in EN on BookDepository)
- I got out with my friends. This is the best way to recharge yourself with energy and recover your good mood. Our friends are just like mirrors, we see ourselves in them and the grumpy mood is left aside when we are in front of them. They manage to cheer us even in the most difficult moments. Call up your friends and go grab some drinks. You’ll feel fully recharged.
- I went to the cinema to see a movie, but not just a movie. I saw Insurgent, the sequel of Divergent. I love this series. I’ve read the books and I must say that the movie is like a portal for me. I can enter the Divergent world and live among my favorite characters again and again. What more could I ask for? By the way, I’ve seen Divergent four times now and I want to see it again! Insugent included. Find your movie, too, and enjoy it!
- I bought a wonderful necklace. When I saw it, that very moment I knew that it would be mine. My dear friend, Gia, works on a new collection “leather statement necklace”, and I had the honor to wear the first necklace, the awesome one. Do you happen to want a watch, a ring or some earrings very much? Well, nothing compares with that moment when your wish comes true. You know that feeling, right? This is me with my pretty blue necklace.
- I got a new haircut. From time to time a change is welcome. You can change your hair color, your hair style, you can color your nails with some pretty new models, or just a color that you don’t usually use. You can try a daring lipstick or make-up. Any of these actions can change your mood. In a positive way! As I said before, I cut my hair. I’ve been planning this change for a few months now, maybe years, but for some reasons, I couldn’t do it. You know, when your hair is long, it’s hard to give it up. I finally did! Our hair grows up, told me one more courageous friend of mine (she cut her hair short recently). Now, I feel wonderful. I didn’t cry for my pretty long hair; it was the change I needed.
Me before the haircut:
These are five actions that made me smile. Five little things that made me so happy! When you feel the time is running away and you cannot keep up, when you feel that you are carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders, then find the thing that will help you unload your burdens. Take a walk in the park, go to the museum, buy those awesome shoes that you spotted recently or the bag that you like so much. Take a day off and go shopping or just meet your best friend. Make a change, get out of your routine.
The little joys are the ones that really matter. They give us the energy to conquer the world.
Have a wonderful day, divas!